Sunday, January 22, 2017

Morris Out and About ~by Morris

We love winter. She loves winter. I like going hiking with Her on the days when it isn't too cold. Indeed She once tried a coat for me, but I destroyed after snowplowing and then going through burdock and all sorts of things that clung to the jacket.

Of course there was the 'wardrobe' failure too as I dismantled another coat She tried.


Now She watches the temperatures a bit more closely and we don't go together on really cold days.
Besides,  I can't seem to stay out of the creek. But if my feet get cold, I will leap it.

I am an excellent 'leaper'.


My most favorite activity in the winter time is climbing the Ice Wall. I love scaring Her to death by running up the wall to the top and then disappearing so that She cannot see me.


I do come back when She starts calling me.
It must be terrible to be a human and not have the great balance and dexterity that I have as a dog.

Really? Nothing to worry about here!


Coming down off the wall can be a bit tricky.
But I think I've got it covered. I'm still pretty athletic.




However I do miss my pal Teslin. She is a real athlete and loves climbing ice walls as much as I do.


Another thing that makes Her nervous is the fact that I blend in so well with everything in the creek bottom in the winter.
She calls me Camo Dog.

I hope She doesn't decide to put a huge red scarf on me to keep track of my whereabouts.
But She might. Who knows?


Oh wow, She didn't have to include my ~~~
Whoopsie On Ice Photo now did She?

Someone should invent a doggy cam so I can follow Her around and get videos of when She slips on the ice.
Right?

Dang it all She does use ice cleats while hiking.
Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Morris, you're such a dear to let Her come along on your adventures! We all know "who's the good boy!"

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.