Sunday, January 10, 2016

Playing with Fractals


It is cold outside!  And I mean cold!  We are having our first deep freeze of the year and it will probably get to -12 F here tonight.

The above and below fractal are something I've been playing with.  Since I don't fully grasp the idea of the IFS formulas yet, I like to take a few formulas and just keep changing them in ways.
 
These are in panorama view.  I sort of like them in their simplicity, but they are nothing to write home about.



I had intended on talking about photography and my last trip down the valley before the latest rain/sleet/snow event occurred but then I was looking at the things I was doing tonight and decided to talk about them.

These are different quick renders from the program Mandelbulb 3D.  It is a rather delightful program that I've been exploring for years.

Some of the artists have been pushing this program beyond what I could even imagine.  They are coming up with astonishing images that look like they were drawn for a movie set.

I come up with...
simple stuff.

I don't have the time nor do I have the rendering power to come up with those stunning masterpieces.
However I can come up with beautiful work of my own.


I prefer fun but sometimes our group is given a challenge and I ... find that I can create strange... or a bit 'dark'.


Or I find something colorful and whimsical.


Last night I revisited Incendia which is another fractal program.  Since I went to Windows 10 it seems to want to flicker like mad.  But I got through that issue last night and used the program and some editing to create a 'sculpture' of sorts.


I haven't mastered this program very well, but I do enjoy using it to combine with Mandelbulb 3D and JWildfire.  Sometimes the results are incredible and sometimes I just flat fall on my creative face.

This one was done with JWildfire and more than one fractal 'flame'.


My final edit of the first two Mandelbulbs in this post is as follows.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.