Saturday, October 04, 2008

Job market


In our area the job market is pretty tight.
There were over 100 applicants for 3 jobs at our local Walmart. I know, I was one of them. I have interviewed with them for a part time cashier.

I interviewed with another company that had 36 people applying for 2 jobs, part time also.
Over 40 people applied for a clerical position at a company in Gays Mills. The Walmart job has been approved and since I am not one to count my chickens before they hatch, I accepted.
The other jobs may or may not come through and at least I'll have some income.

The pay is not outstanding but it is better than pulling in a $0 paycheck. I can continue to look while I continue to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.