Thursday, April 26, 2007

Checking in....


Siera stretches her legs
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
It has been such a long time since I've had a blog entry. So many things have happened.

The day of the massacre at Virginia Tech found me waiting anxiously and watching the internet wondering about my nephew who goes there.

I learned something this week about our 'nieghborhood'. A farmer was seriously injured in a traffic accident and is still in the hospital. What I learned was that immediately phones around the ridge began to ring. Everyone who had a tractor, or farming knowledge had begun to offer help on this man's farm.
Today on my way to work, I saw that his fields had been worked. Yesterday I saw two tractors spreading manure. I knew the men on the tractors and they were my neighbors also.
Rural America. Good news does exist. People do care.

This is how it is supposed to work. We take care of each other.
Isn't that something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.