Thursday, August 27, 2026

Tent part III

 Well, sorta.

I have to say that I that with great regret, I took our campsite apart on Tuesday.

However, I 'tented' from Friday through Tuesday morning in our tent. It was Amazing. The quiet, the solitude, and the peace was extraordinary.





๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž

I needed to rotate the mules to that pasture for a few days. Plus, it was supposed to rain and be quite windy on Tuesday night.

I surprised myself by being able to take it down and put it in its tiny carrier bag without any cussing and refolding this time!

This is a shot of it partly taken down. The folding and rolling is the tricky part. [Almost as tricky as putting it up but I am getting better at it.]



Tah Dah! Everything fits into a tidy carrying bag.


I can drive the 4 wheeler back there, I could drive the car, but most of the time we walk. That is, unless I am carrying everything in one trip.

One day I may have this all figured out and take a 'real' camping trip somewhere. But I am enjoying this for a few reasons. 
Minimal gas cost.
No camping fee.
I can walk home to cook.
I can walk home to make coffee.

If things aren't going to plan, I can
go home.



I could put a fence around the tent and little site to keep the mules from exploring the tent and taking it apart or...trying out the hammock. 

My next camp out is going to be with me taking the Subaru and setting up a bed in the back end. 

IF the gas prices ever come down or I can afford to take an Adventure Vacation I wouldn't mind camping from the car for simplicity. There is even a pop up tent addition 'thingy' for the back of vehicles like this ๐Ÿ‘‡


These are all wish list items to do things on my 'wish' list.

Those wishes include.

Hiking the Ice Age Trails in Wisconsin.
Exploring the State Parks along Lake Superior.
Exploring State Parks in both WI and Iowa.
Just these goals/wishes could keep me busy for a few years.


Things I need to learn before embarking on a trip like that.
Camp cooking.
Uffdah.
How about freeze dried camp meals? Do they even taste good?


I have been so lucky to find so many scenic things to see not more than a 10 minute walk from my own back door.





I want to thank my son and daughter in law for giving me one of their tents. It has opened up such a new and incredible world for me.
The joy of being immersed outdoors all night is fantastic.

One small step at a time.

For the moment, I am content to hike locally and camp here at my place. 

Very soon though, I am going to book a campsite at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve. That was the one thing I wanted to accomplish this year.


That's it for now!

Forgive me while I try to catch up to anyone else's post. 

Have a day.
I'm going to get ready for Thursday night's partial lunar eclipse.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.