I was gonna...to catch up on some toy photos I've had fun taking every once in a while.
So last night I started putting this together...
Dinos getting read to dine on a
Stink Bug?
Stink Bug?
the antique board is warped so the pieces kept falling over anyway....
But then I took some time to sit with Charlie and Hannah and read a book. No I read to myself while we listened to 'Dog Music' on Pandora. So the Dog Music Station is similar to listening to ... mmm, elevator music? It is mostly popular and classic music done in a soft soothing genre. The dogs don't really care much about music, they don't react much.
It was just nice background noise. I use it to drown out the very loud silence of our house. For years I had the constant repetitive hum from Rich's O2 Concentrator.
I was checking Hannah's mouth to see if all of her baby teeth were gone and it does look like it. I then turned to Charlie and checked his teeth. He had some build up on two teeth this spring and I asked the Vet if we should clean them. She decided it could wait.
Uh. Oh. Those two teeth are wobbly now and the gum surrounding those teeth look nasty. Time to call the Vet and get Charlie in. This morning I did a double check and he flinched. Definitely have to get him in for tooth surgery.
Now. I do not blame the Vet, she is good. It is up to us owners to either push for a procedure [I didn't] and to keep track of our pet's health.
~~~~~
Charlie will go in for Dental Surgery on Thursday to have the teeth removed. $$$$
Well, this is my life and it is a big deal to me personally. Most people think dogs are just dogs. They are, but this guy spent a huge part of his life comforting my husband when he didn't feel well. He has taken me through loss and helped me find the meaning of life afterwards.
So.
He is my pet and my confidant who will never tell my secrets to anyone else. [Hannah would tell everyone my secrets!]
Keeping his mouth in good condition is essential for his well being [and in case no one knew this, it is essential to human life also]. Bad teeth can lead to kidney and heart failure, and inflammation in the rest of the body.
My Jack Russell [soul dog] suffered from dental issues later in life and I lost him due to kidney failure. I didn't know much about dental health for dogs so I assumed bad breath and bad teeth were just a thing to do with age.
Morris and me, Self Portrait in 2017.



.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.