The weather for this Sunday is going to be very steamy and dangerously hot again through Monday.
I've scrubbed water tanks and refilled them along with making sure the mules and pony have access to good shade already along with an area where they can stand under trees and catch any breeze that might come through.
I'm bummed. I was hoping to go camping in our woods for the weekend.
I got all my work done by 10am yesterday and then worked in the gardens.
I decided to return to the stick house and see what I could come up with.
My helpers were all ready and raring to go.
The roofing is supposed to look haphazard and rough with bits of bark and moss.
The next part was to paint and decorate the cardboard it is on. I'll 'make' it into a diorama I can use indoors or outdoors. [Not weather proof!]
This is my version of 'Free' building. Otherwise I'd want to purchase a set of Legos to build. If I had room, I'd build a whole set of these 'forest' huts and lay it out on my 5 foot craft table as a tiny forest town.
So as it turned steamy in the afternoon, I decided to finish my project.
I painted the cardboard to look like dirt.
Then I added chunks of decorated bark and roots that I had made last year.
I don't glue down the other bits of roots and bark I am using so I can change the look as I need to.
I also don't draw out plans or think much of what I am doing. I just punt it because that's how my creative juices flow.
If I add something and it looks neat, I keep it. If it doesn't, I toss it.
Cardboard. Moss. Bark. Glue. Craft Paint. Fake Mushrooms. Some fake moss.
Railroad model flowers.
Imagination.
I added two of my favorite minifigures who are very much at home in the their magical forest.
I set up my first scene to photograph.
I can use this stick building for so many things. The structure will fit a number of toys I have. The sides of the building can provide an interesting back drop for all sorts of scenes.
The best part about the whole thing is that it was built mostly from things I picked up in the yard at no cost!
Other Stick houses I've made:
Here is an old stick village I made and used for some scenes out in the woods. It was fun and when I left parts of it out in the forest to use again, some wild animal thought it would be great to pull it apart.
No harm done, I can always find more sticks to build with!
Today looks like a good day to beat the heat and enjoy some time reading and doing some Still Life Photography.










.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.