A post by a friend AC, got me thinking about my own gardens and yard. The mowing is done by a zero turn and push mower and it looks pretty nice. Unless you count all the overgrown areas of pasture [not safe to mow] and weeds growing around old equipment.
So I've always tried to make a very colorful and brilliant bunch of little gardens.
Creeping Thyme flowers.
Morning Glories on the porch.
Self seeded Sunflower in the yard.
Happy Birds
Sunlit Nasturtium. These flowers literally take over the SE section of the porch.
Not a hummingbird.
Blazing Stars being watered.
If I move closer and am patient I can get photos of them.
There is actually a hidden path that goes through the garden. The dogs and I use it.
Below is another mess. I had Borage Flowers that grew to 4 feet tall and got taken out by last week's winds and 6+ inches of rain. But the surviving flowers are filling in. I don't do a strict border, but just mow close to the plantings. Love in the mist, Borage, Morning Glories, and it looks like some self seeded black eyed susans are going to appear between some marigolds and nasturtiums. I like my untidy messy gardens. Lots of crazy textures to admire.
But this spring I had a tiny field of tall Sweet William which I just let grow. I'll probably save some plant seeds from these and dig the whole thing up this fall to start over or let it grow to grass. It is a mess and overgrown.
I'm going to pick my battles and do less next year as it is obvious I can't keep it all up. I didn't have time to properly care for it last year either. So perhaps it is time to go. Though I hate to dig up the black eyed susans that put themselves here too!
I may do the same for the other half of the porch next year. But I'd rather have cosmos and zinnias along with all the reseeded Love in the Mist flowers.
I love looking at tidy well done gardens, but for the life of me, I like to mix up as many things as possible and see what happens with no rhyme or reason.
I'm finding out what flowers like to grow together on my own and which plants like which places the best.
I suppose I could study some garden books, but the gardens they suggest are too rigid. I like wild and untamed.
Hannah and I saw Dr. Grimm, she is an awesome vet and Hannah loves her! Hannah does have what is called a seroma or pocket of fluid that is to the side of the incision. Her surgical incision is healing perfectly, the seroma is a small concern and we want to stay ahead of it.
So instead of my solution to keep her from licking it open...we changed tactics.
The area must be open to the air yet keep her from irritating it.
The area must be open to the air yet keep her from irritating it.
I have a cleanser to swipe the spot twice a day.
So not a gross shot but here is a photo of the incision and the area points to what seems to be a seroma: Clear fluid that is next to an incision.
I learned something today!
She has a new look with a PJ top from Olive's house, she gave me some shirts that her kids didn't wear anymore.
So Doc gave me some cotton balls in a solution to swab the sight and she came up with this to keep the area aired out and keep her from licking it.
It is a toddler t-shirt with leg holes. It is super easy to do and she was embarrassed at first, but is not bothered with it by bedtime.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.