Friday, May 27, 2022

Just for fun instead

Enough of all that talk of doctors, medications, and whatnot. For right now, I'm putting it out of my mind and will focus on some fun things.


How about the twins I watched the other morning? We stood and watched each other for about 8 minutes. They obviously couldn't smell me or we have seen each other often enough that they are not wary of me.


I could be all wrong, but I think these possibly could be the very same twins I've seen off and on for two years. That said? They could be different. I'm just hoping and wishing they are.

Here is Sven our goat working on trimming around an old tractor tire that hubby insists stay where it is at. I have a notion to roll it somewhere and make it into a garden. It sure would keep hubby from mowing over it!
Sven take the dandelion blossoms first and then works on the weeds, and lastly trims the grass about 3 inches tall almost perfectly!


I have the place where I dug out the BS to clean up. It should be cleaned up with the skid steer, but I thought I could build a pen for Sven to eat all the nice grass and all strip the nettles. I wonder if one day I can dig that pile[s] up and put all that good dirt somewhere. [Gosh, thinking outload with my fingers on the keyboard!]


The pallet garden! 
I found a Lego storm trooper checking on my succulents. The 'car' he is in is an old brass ash tray! Another treasure found!
The planter is no planter, but an old pie tin I found buried in a junk pile in the woods.


When I watered the tomatoes before it rained....I found a shady character tending to the plant!


Seems I have a lot of helpers with the different tomato plants I have!


And for some more fun.

Hobby and Squatch continue to search for relatives in the woodlands and forests.


Hobby: I still think there is one out here! Haven't you heard of a Big Foot sighting?
Squatch: No.

Big Foot gathering mushrooms ~ no wonder he is so hard to spot!


Squatch went out to the rocks to take a shower after the recent rains.


Then he went looking for oyster mushrooms...



That's it! In spite of the things we face in the world, having a positive attitude can certainly help.

I'll just keep finding things that cause me small joys.
Small joys can add up to large Joys.



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your joy. You found a lot! Those Oysters, wow. I like container gardening, so much easier to weed. Altho they do need more watering. My container zinnias (collected seeds) have sprouted. They brought me a lot of joy-n-butterflies last years. I hope they'll do the same for you. The tire would make another great BS garden *^*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zinnias you collected are sprouting in the East garden under the kitchen window. I'm excited to see what I get. Surprises are fun!

      Delete
  2. Oyster mushrooms are out already! I best get looking! A few golf ball sized ones popped up in our lawn last night during the rain. I went out looking in a few fields for any additional sightings. ( have not ID-ed the golf ball sized ones yet, but they are probably Millers Mushrooms. (not toxic,but not very edible) Love the animal pics and toys as always. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small joys can be good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very old pie tin. I enjoy the characters that share your out side world. Very creative work and fun to see.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.