Saturday, October 24, 2020

Spooky stuff or Not

I am forever the experimenter....or is it experimentor? I like the ...or spelling better but spell check doesn't.

I wanted to try something different and new. I ran across a Seasonal Tips offered by Olympus which was fun. After all I couldn't be outside mucking about in the storms we had, so I decided to clean the basement.

You know how this works. I rearranged the tubs of clothing. I sorted the hunting clothing...I needed blaze orange for the 9 day gun season. The insulated coveralls come out of the tub and light jackets go into the tub.
Restack everything and think about getting rid of things.
Put the summer stuff under the steps in the hard to get to places.
It will be months before I get out that stuff again.

Get the winter stuff out. Oops! See the Fall decorations.
Pull them out. 
Sort.
Pull out the Halloween Stuff that the neighbor kids really loved.
Hmmm.
See the decorations for Christmas. 
Put them back. Go have coffee.
Watch the rain.

Rich gets hungry. Feed Rich. 
Storm gets worse.
Rich goes for his afternoon nap.
It is dark outside.
Sort the Halloween stuff and the Fall Stuff.
Time for Tea.

Nope, can't go out to walk.
Okay.
Get out the decorations and play with the camera.
Sounds good.

Dark and dreary. Some Still Life with plastic skulls and an old jar with marbles and lights.

In the shots below I used an Art Filter to create black and white grainy shots. This is a hanging skeleton/ghosty thing. I held it by the twine string attached to the top and shot it as it slowly turned back and forth.

Just the right amount of spooky-creepy.



And then back to the skull on the table with the lights:



I tried something I'd never done before. A long exposure of 10 seconds with moving the camera slightly during the exposure [twisting it slowly on the tripod].

The result was kind of fun.

Then one with a pumpkin.


Now a lot of folks shy away from spooky creepy stuff. Be assured that is not all that is on my mind. I just like experimenting with different ways of presenting a photo. If it creeps you out, then I did my job as a photographer. I made the viewer feel something.

So if that is not your forte...here is some other Still Life photos. I am not all Creep and Scare!




And the last photo. 
To make you laugh!

I was given my Virtual WOD for CrossFit and the coach said since I didn't have a rower, I could run one portion of my workout instead. I do have to be accountable once a week and send a photo of working out to the coach.

Here is my WOD photo of the week titled: I think I need a new rowing maching!


To which the coach replied..."I think it works better IF the water is on the outside of the boat."

Stay safe.

I'll be off to find more things to have fun with. Spooky or Not.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:10 AM

    Your rowing machine made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy it made you smile. Having a sense of humor now is so important.

      Delete
  2. :) Love the experimental photos! Fun with the camera for sure! I like your rowing machine...it made me smile too! Stay safe! It is scary out there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had some scary things going on here also.
      I think I need to find less scary stuff and more funny things to keep my humor.

      Delete
  3. Cracking photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love visiting your blog and seeing all the wonderful places you visit.

      Delete
  4. It looks like your boat is Sinking! Instead of rowing, try some bailing! I bet you get more of a workout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That boat has been there for SO many years. Hubby won't let me get rid of it or the other 3 boats he has. This is the only one that collects water. In the summer I do rinse it out and the pony uses it as a stock tank!
      Thanks for stopping by. Hopefully I won't sink.
      However, I think I'll take another photo of this in the next snow!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.