Friday, October 23, 2020

My Momma said ....

Don't play in the rain!

I don't think I listened to my Mother.
I went out between huge downpours to give the mules some dry hay and check on the creek.



The creek was up a bit but not flooding. That would occur overnight with another 2 inches of hard rain. The Kickapoo is out of its banks today but our stream wasn't.



I wanted to take the little waterproof camera out in the mists and explore. Plus I wanted to see how the Mark iii performed in low light.



It did nicely. And it was rather nice not to have to carry a tripod or put on an ND filter.


As I made my way back up out of the valley and headed towards home, the next front started to rumble in.
We had a lot of thunder and lightning with very heavy downpours.

After the Pres Debate, I let Charlie outside and stood on the porch. 
Not only was the rain coming down hard, but there was an eerie fog oozing through the pasture.

I wasn't going out to play in the fog. I'd wait to do that another day.
Mom never said anything about fog...





4 comments:

  1. Rain looks warm and lovely compared to snow! Looks like your camera is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain was rather lovely and beautiful in a way. Not the thunderstorms and the downpours though!
      Soon enough, it will be white stuff coming down.
      Yes, weather proof cameras are an amazing thing!

      Delete
  2. There was a time when I used to hang out in the rain like a duck. Now, I feel like the Witch in the Wizard of Oz... But instead of melting, I shiver, shake and Turn Blue! Where has the invulnerability of my youth gone? Looks like you have some very pretty scenery there. Fog certainly adds some mystique to the area. And the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temps weren't too bad plus I was hiking so I stayed warm. I love cold weather hiking and have finally figured out layering properly for inclement weather.
      I get the shiver and shake! LOL!
      The scenery is all part of our place with a small creek that I go to nearly every day. Hiking down there ... around there and back is nearly a daily routine. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.