Monday, August 03, 2020

Get funky!

I thought I'd revisit some fun and odd looking 'art' generated by Deep Dream Generator. It has been argued that it is NOT art as it uses Artificial Intelligence to merge a pattern into your photo.

At first I had no clue of what I was doing. Some of the generations turned out simply awful and made no sense. 
Then as I experimented and looked at what others were doing and how they were using patterns,...it started to slightly click...just a bit.
Still.
You can end up with nonsense or something quite beautiful.


Original [actually I added a texture in DxOElite with this photo]






Um. Teddy Bear run through a painting texture and then another colorful texture then combined into this final image.
Original:

Next some just for fun. I don't recall what the originals were.






I really do enjoy doing this as a wonderful distraction to all the other things going on.
I posted an album of these on Facebook and it was shared --- another person asked where I 'sold' them.
Nah, I don't sell them. Selling items are so much work!

However, I will probably put them in an 'art' book in print just to keep around and page through occasionally. I have an idea or two also that I might see if I can print this following image to hang on the wall. I think it is so uplifting.

It feels so happy!


I think I will finally get serious on finishing up my photo book I was going to call The Creek. I've been photographing it for a few years to sort of see how it changed through the seasons and with flash floods.

It will be like my other two self made books 

and...


I have quite a few files to back up now and save along with some thoughts to get written down.
I'm thinking of creating a few designs with winter scenes for Christmas Cards.

It appears that with being so Isolated, it may be a good thing to sit down and write out many cards?
At least I could have fun designing them.

Get Funky.
Have a good week and stay well.


4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    I love all the artistic pieces but the blue daisy is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the daisy. That was one of my very first experiments in deep dream. But the chair is currently my favorite. I guess because it is new and so different.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I like the daisy also but that first image is ever so pretty! Yes make a book. I made one a long time ago...I should make another...maybe next winter. I always make us a Calendar...when I turned the page to August guess what Sunflowers!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make calendars too, they are fun.
      I did start out one year taking my favorite art and whatnot and putting them in a little book sort of like having an album. I do the same with the calendar. My August page has sunflowers, cosmos, and interesting fall fungi on it!
      Thanks on the nice compliments!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.