Sunday, June 21, 2020

Fireflies and Spider Webs





Some more fun at night
with Fireflies.

Two things happened to sort of make these shots a bit of a flop in my eyes. However, I am always looking to try things and do better. How else but to make mistakes and learn from them?

I used a very high ISO for these shots which made the photos horrible with 'noise'. I was able to fix most of that. I got the focus a bit better. I tried a kit lens to see if it would also work. It did, but not quite as well as the nice prime lens I have.

Two other things made it difficult. When I turned on the flash light to walk back to the house I realized I was in fog and the droplets would totally confuse the camera [not to mention the old fool who was out in the middle of the night!].

Lastly, I discovered that I'd left the polarizing filter on the lens. Well that really messes things up in night photography.
Still, I learned a lot from my errors and came away with a few shots to remember my follies with.

This morning's theme was fog.
I didn't intend to go out and take a walk, until I stepped outside and just kept going.

I grabbed the IRChrome Filter and put it on the old Infrared Camera. I took my regular camera also, but it mostly stayed inside the bag as I was mesmerized by the fog and the colors through the Infrared lens.




The fog certainly changes the landscape. The trees at the southern end of the pasture are muted and blurred. While the rest of the photo is soft yet full of exotic colors.

I turned from the meadow and headed up the driveway to the ridge.



Mother Nature sure was putting on a show for me. 

There is something about a morning with beautiful fog and mists that I love and we have that a lot in our neck of the woods because of the landscape of deep valleys and hillsides.

My happiest discovery of the morning was the glistening spider webs.

And that is what I will leave you with....




1 comment:

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.