Thursday, June 04, 2020

Infrared IRChrome Filter




Ahhh. More infrared.
There is something so interesting and fascinating to me about another light spectrum.
There are no boundaries.
The sky can be blue.
Or some hue of cyan. Perhaps an orange hued color?

The leaves and grass are not green.They can be white or pink...or perhaps you fancy yellow?
It all depends on the filter you choose to use and any post processing.




The above 3 photos were shot with a 665nm Filter. The sky usually turns out a pleasing bluish color after a channel swap. The leaves can be pinkish or white. Or if you really want to change things up, with the Viveza you can almost make it any color in the light spectrum.

I got the filter I've been lusting after for about a year now. It is an IR Chrome digital filter meant to let your camera take a digital photo much like the Kodak IRChrome film. The film was very expensive and not simple to develop. It was created to see camouflage clothes against the backround of foliage. I should do an experiment with that.

I bet my camo clothes would not reflect light in the same manner.

Anyway.

Here is some of my first works with the IR Chrome Filter. 


I took Tuesday off for a 'self' adventure. I wanted to just go somewhere were I didn't have to guide someone or even have to give a time as when I would be back.
That was my birthday gift to myself.
And it was a good one.
I used DxO software to work with this. When this company purchased the NIK software from Google, they did a great job of developing it further.

Below is a couple of shots from this morning. Not the classic IR Chrome shots you will see displayed on photo sites.

I do my own thing.



This has to be one of my favorite of the day. Partly because it is so vivid and surreal.
The real light of this moment was like this:


This was taken with my regular camera. I do love this one as it represents how the creek and the air above the creek react to the hot sun.
Fog.

Yet. The Infrared is so wildly different! 
I didn't get the typical IRChrome shot.
It would look more like this:

Bright blue sky and bright blue waters.

And there you have it for now. Since Tuesday, I've been trying to just peer at the news and not become so engrossed in it that I cannot sleep at night.

I don't have the answers and I sure wish I did.




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:05 PM

    I can't pick a favorite, I enjoy them all. I avoid the tv news and will read a bit just so I know what's going on. I don't have the answers either but I do think that enjoying nature and sending positive vibes out into the chaos has to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I always enjoy you photos! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.