Sunday, February 23, 2020

Of This and That





See? I've been playing with my little not Fairy Houses and the little resin squirrels and rabbits.

I wanted to give them a unique look. So I have been watching some tutorials and experimenting on my own.

I'm going to eventually figure out a work flow to make these look quasi painted and sketched as if they were from a children's' book.
~~~~~~~

In the meantime the weather is fluctuating like crazy. On Thursday the wind chills were dangerously cold. I hiked with a mask and goggles to see some of the creek's frozen beauty.


It was worth the walk. The winds were cold on the ridge, but once I got into the valley felt warm.

I followed the snowmobile trail which is also called 'the ridge road' down into the valley. The shadows were pretty neat.


The creek is always fascinating and changes often with the weather.




This will all melt away today with the temperatures soaring into the high 40's.

I'm wondering if there will be a snow melt...runoff occurring this afternoon. It'll be worth the walk down there to see.

Come Tuesday winter returns and the creek will change itself again.

Friday was a nightmare day. But I'm just going to call it that and leave it be.


2 comments:

  1. Some days are better off forgotten about! We are melting a bit today but not as much as yesterday. Enjoy the sunshine headed your way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went down to the creek this morning and it was pretty neat. There is a melt going on and most of the ice is gone. I should go down now and take a peek. I love a good ol' fashioned run off.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.