Saturday, January 11, 2020

Stuffs....

Do you remember how little Sven was???


He and Charlie were not that different in size!

Now 10 months later....


Wow!

Sven had an ear infection...I think. Lots of ear gunk for a while. Now he walks with his head tilted and his balance isn't as good as it could be. However his vitals are just fine and he seems normal.
His mom was sickly and his father had the same issues after he was a year old.
I wonder.

I guess I don't care because Sven is such a doll who has NO idea that he is a goat!


Here my hiking cohorts are when I took out the treats. Sven loves dog biscuits. Charlie prefers the bacon flavored ones. Go figure, I rattle the plastic bag and I am both of these guys' best-est pal!

Rich and his psychiatrist have 'new' rules for me. I am not to hover and watch over Rich reminding him to take his meds. I am to let go a bit of my 'mothering'. Rich feels well enough to express that and I have decided to stop being the major worry wort. His mood is much better and his health is tenuous still. But he is holding his own.

So there it is. I signed up for a Master Naturalist Class which starts in March on Monday nights. I am going hiking with my ex neighbor and two of her friends tonight for a candle light hike at Wildcat Mountain State Park. I have a 'date' to go trail running with a CrossFit pal next Tuesday afternoon.

This year feels different for me. New and exciting things are happening quickly.

I donated an Infrared Photo to OneEarthStudios for ArtShare Dare in Ohio. ONEarth Studios is run by my [ex] sister in law and her amazing family.
I had two folks from CrossFit  actually purchase some photos of mine!

Okay, I do not plan on becoming a pro. Phew. Nope, not me.

I've been asked to volunteer instruct kids for cross country skiing too! Smack my forehead! How fun could that be?

Kristi from CrossFit asked it I'd consider doing a trail race/run with her. Um. I am going to be 64 and she is 41. But she sure can be convincing.

I've always loved 'running' or jogging. Trail running? Well, if I had a pal to do it with...mayyybeee!
I looked at the map for the Tromp and Chomp and realized that I know the trails very well.

So watch out. I have 4 months to 'train'.

Yesterday, Charlie...Mr. Short Legs, ran through the hay fields and across country with me. I don't like road running anymore and besides, it was ice.
We did 3/4 of a mile before Charlie pooped out. I was not going to try and make his 3 inch legs go any longer than that so we walked the rest of our 'run'.

A mini doxxie is not really a distance runner. But, the important part is that we had so much fun!

I have not run any races or seriously done distances since I was 30. But yesterday I didn't feel tired, I felt like a kid running for joy.
I'm going to give a huge nod to my CrossFit workouts for the past year for this feeling.
I felt so alive and so free.

I haven't felt that in such a long time.

Stay tuned. I have a good feeling about this coming year.

Donated photo:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    I look forward to hearing about your new and exciting things, it all sounds so wonderful. :).

    I wish you the best in giving up some of the 'mothering', it was hard for me when Hubby was so sick. We talked about personal responsibility after he felt better and it's been so much better for my health to let go of that stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree to that. He dislikes my 'mothering' so I've been letting him be more responsible and it is less stressful.

      Delete
  2. That is hard...I am always checking up...have you done this or that...wonder what would happen if I quit?? Maybe he would start remembering on his own. Ha! Sure hope it works out for you, it is worth a try. Sounds like you have lots of good stuff planned.
    I wonder too about Svens ear???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still check up on the meds of course and watch to see if he has 'done' this or that. But I don't ask all the time like I used to. So far his only thing he has to remember is his meds. I still take care of most things, just have backed off enough so he feels as if he is 'free' from my watching over him.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.