Thursday, July 25, 2019

Dixie crosses the bridge


Yesterday Dixie joined Morris. She crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Charlie and I will miss the big lug something fierce.



I couldn't help myself yesterday other than to sit by her grave for a long time and watch the sun go down.

She was from champion blood lines for Raccoon Hunting and Bear Hunting. She never was a hunter. She was a lover. She'd fetch balls, hike, heel, sit, stay, and she behaved much like any gentle giant would. She never was growly or in a bad mood.

She was a great hiking pal who never tired and who was always by my side.

And she had the most amazing hound dog lips and ears.

Dixie. I am really going to miss you, but I hope you found Morris on the other side along with Badger and Cheyanne.
Wait for me.
Love...

me...

8 comments:

  1. I will miss reading about your exploits, Dixie. I loved your style from the get-go.

    Rest in peace, dear Dixie! Please give a big hug from me to Pepper, Missy, Jake and Elwood, Sadie, Max and Abby, Bob Barker, Murphy, Bullet, Duke and Flash, Springer, and anyone else I may have missed. I loved you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh so it seems that she will find so many wonderful friends to await us!

      Delete
  2. So sad to hear about her. That big, floppy, slobbery, friendly, happy lapdog will be missed in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I miss those goofy times when she tried to still believe that all of her 65 dainty pounds would fit on my lap. She helped ease the pains when Morris died.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:25 AM

    I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry, Valerie, it is so hard. But she is up in heaven running with Morris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sorry, it is so hard when they leave us. Rest in Peace and run free Dixie!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.