Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Catching up busy...




Some infrared photos from this past week


This past week has been a busy one. Appointments at the VA and an appointment for the Subaru.
Struggling to mow the yard on the days when I won't float the mower.
Changing the oil and doing maintenance on the 4 wheeler, the zero turn mower, and working on the tiller. All jobs I that were deferred before to 'the boss'.

Thankfully, my neighbor was been kind enough to spend most of Sunday afternoon showing me how to go through these engines. I learned new terms.
Two cycle and 4 cycle engines. He even found an adjustment on my little mower and it mows better!

Now the yard is shaggy again, but I have my flowers all in and the flowers I wanted seeded...are seeded.
There are family 'things' going on but I choose not to address them on a public blog of course.

 The hill that we normally let the pony graze and keep trimmed. It has
been too wet for that this year. I 
had to hand mow it this last weekend. 
I think it looks nicer mowed than pony
mowed.

 West side of the house. I have some very hardy
plants in here,
and I moved the hosta as it 
never does well in the heat
of the summer.
I added mulch to keep
the moisture in during 
the dry spells.
Not showy flowers, but some interesting
colorful herbs.
One day I may actually put a border
around the edge.


The innards of the 4 wheeler.
It was cutting out so we took it 
apart.
I think it should be okay after
all the work we did.

I put up a hummingbird feeder next to the east window in the eating area. The Hummers are plentiful. Today I'm going to grab an Oriole feeder and put it up as well. They are trying to get into the hummer's feeder and keep landing on the porch and singing to me.

They will only be around until late June, but I would like to enjoy seeing them close up. Besides Rich enjoys seeing them also.

I've been visiting my MIL in the Nursing Home and some days she is really not very with it. Her dementia has progressed or she is confused as she is in the 'home' for now. They ... the care team is considering returning her to her apartment with more help.
Two nurses stopped me yesterday to ask if I could help them come up with an idea to keep her feet up because of her edema.

Such the rebel. MIL puts her feet down as soon as PT/OT leaves the room or one of the nurses or aids. She needs to have them up so that the edema can be controlled. I guess she has trouble figuring out night and day also. 

All this is expected going forward with dementia and her kidney failure. MIL is rather unconcerned about anything other than getting back to her own bed.

On the days I visit, I always call home on my cell phone and let mother and son talk for a while.

I did take some time for myself yesterday and managed to take a nice quiet walk in the dreary weather. I even found more morels!

I'm looking forward to a few more fun things coming up at the end of the month....




4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I admire you learning the mechanic stuff...I am not very good at that stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I didn't think I'd ever need to learn these things, but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. However, it isn't something I would choose to do for fun.

      Delete
  2. Stay strong. Enjoy what you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am going to enjoy some time 'off' on Sunday. I'm going to give a riding lesson to a young lady and we will ride our pastures.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.