Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Snow Shoe..in'

The proper thing would have been to take skis right? It is so much easier to glide across the snow.

Well.
Not exactly.
Not when you are crossing creeks and jumping rocks or going over downed trees.

Then my backcountry snow shoes are much better. Though after crossing water, you have to get the ice/snow out of the cleats or they clog up. I carry a stick for that. I have my Kenosha pal to thank for that nice heavy walking stick he made for me.
I abuse it a lot.
Once out of the wind, it wasn't too bad. There were no tracks on the ridge or in the wide open pasture areas, but as I got closer to the creek I saw more trails.
The deer, coyote, raccoon, and all other animals were sharing the trails along the creek.


Hmmm, snow day! Schools were closed. The desk is frozen in place so I don't think I will be moving it any time soon.


I kept getting surprised at the reflections in the creek. The snow had covered all the rocks and gave the bottom a soft look.





This photo above is my favorite place of all the creek.


I walked to the snow mobile crossing and then turned around and headed home.

I think I could have spent hours walking about and just enjoying the beauty...


But we eventually have to return home and the duties that await us there....



5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 AM

    Beautiful pictures. Those self care walks in the healing sunshine and nature are perfect ways of restoring our inner strength. I am grateful to be able to share your walk with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that and getting out for my exercise class are really quite helpful. I don't like being cooped up very long. Thank you for the nice comment on the photos.

      Delete
  2. I love the way that little creek keeps moving regardless of all the snow. The critters living out there need it and so does your camera. We have had the weirdest winter ever. It's good that your friends have been doing some plowing for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In certain places it is very slow and trickling, those are the spots were it will freeze over but the water will still run under the ice. It is spring water so it is warmer than the air temps!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty spot to relax! You had a nice walk! Happy Valentines Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.