Monday, February 18, 2019

Should I?

Wakey Wakey...
to yet
another significant snowfall...


The front open pasture with the bale ring ... view off the porch before I started chores...


The mules. They were moving around to the different hay piles and later, took snow baths.

At 11:30 I walked up the driveway to the neighbor's house to bottle feed Sven. So named because they have a white goat named Elsa. The movie Frozen, seems to have a pattern here this January and February.


Sven is doing wonderfully. I am in current negotiations with the neighbors...well...actually with trying to approach my husband about keeping Sven to do the weed clean up work that Little Richard won't do.

Besides. I think pulling a kid goat and holding him and clearing his airways...and being the first thing he smells in life...may have done something to me..and to him.
Just call it silly, but I feel a special thump in my heart when I see him.

He is small now, but will be a full sized Lamancha [goat with the itty bitty ears]. As he is a male, they will whether him and sell him. They have offered to let me have him for free.


Could you say no?

I've raised goats before and know what a pain in the ___ they can be. And I also know how fun they can be, as well as useful.

Hmmm.

PT appt for Rich today. Our driveway is plowed, but I'll have to do some clean up work later today.
And prepare for the next 6 inch snow fall predicted to come in tomorrow evening through Wednesday.

18" of snow since last week. Well. I guess I could go enjoy a snowshoe adventure this afternoon? Or ski?
Make snow fun while the snow lasts...

Sven.
Hmmmmm.....

Edit....
I don't know if Rich knows that he just agreed to let Sven come and live here or not. I sort of was vague and indicated that Sven would be excellent for clean up of weeds with Lil' Richard. Lil' Richard doesn't it noxious weeds, but Sven will.

Yes to Sven.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! What fun you will have with Sven when he is old enough to be weaned! They eat everything...I had a very special goat in my life a number of years ago...they can be a pain in the butt...but lovable just the same.
    The last snow missed us! For that I am thankful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have another storm coming in tonight with a possible 6 inches or more.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:50 AM

    Yeah to Sven coming home. I helped pull a lamb once and so badly wanted to bring him home with me. I agree it does something to be the first critter the little one sees. Have fun with him and the snow walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure Rich is fully on board with it, but since he doesn't handle any of the animal duties any more, I'm going to enjoy having him. I've raised goats before and they can be a pain and they can be wonderful, just like any other animal.
      Plus he will eat the weeds that the mules don't like!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.