Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Up in the air again...


Mini iris field
Originally uploaded by Xena~.
Today at PT I was given a range of motion and strength testing. I didn't want to hear what the PT dude had to say. He felt is was possible that I may have torn my rotator cuff.
He wants me to be prepared to have surgery within a week! If I have indeed torn the rotator cuff -- I am looking at 3-4 weeks in a sling...then a prolonged time of rehab.

That would destroy my hopes of riding endurance this year.
Period.

I am seriously bummed.

On the other hand? Perhaps I did nothing but strain those muscles. But not being able to raise my arm is a pretty sad sign. :-(

I suppose everything happens then for a reason, right?

Please tell me what good reason this was for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.