Oh oh oh. So Valmom is a very cleverish human person. Sneaky sneaky!
In the morning she got out her hiking vest and the squishy water bottles and set them by the door. We saw our treat bag and the water dish which meant a big walk!
I, for one, was going to make sure she did not forget me. I had my hiking vest on and blocked the doorway.
I like 'rides' and hikes.
"Staring at Her. She will realize she forgot my breakfast."
"Bark at her, pick up your bowl and tell her!"
"I don't do histrionics."
I had no idea what that meant. I'm still a puppy and learning the ways of the world.
I left him alone as She was having her coffee and reading which is her normal morning thingy.
When She picked up her keys to the house and the hike vest we ran to the door and She let us scoot out. We were going for walks! Sniffs! Adventure! Water, bugs, rabbits, smells!
She put us in the car seats and when she turned the car around I got out of mine and tried to sit with Charlie. My tether kept me in my seat so I settled down.
Charlie whines in the car all of the time. He groans he moans, he even makes little barks. I asked him why he did that.
"I'm giving her directions. I'd be a better driver. Her turn signal always makes me nervous so I tell her."
I dunno, humans and Charlie don't always make sense to me. But I am going to just go along with it because I'm still a puppy.
Charlie got really agitated when we pulled up to the stoplight in town.
"Hannah, this is not the way." He whined and carried on while we were stopped.
"Maybe we are going to Paisley's house," I suggested. Paisley lives at the farm where She took Sunshine the mule for the summer.
Charlie stood in his car seat and sniffed out the window and then gasped, "Maybe we are going to the Office of Shots! The place where you just went."
I had no answer for that. Charlie hates the Office of Shots. I don't really care one way or another. I've been there 4 times already and the humans there are so nice even when I had something called surgery. Lots of pets and love with a few pinches here and there.
I reached over and licked his ear. He seemed to be very nervous. It got way way worse when She pulled into the Office of Shots parking lot.
"No No No!" Charlie barked. "Not here, Not here! Let's go hiking! No!" He turned around and around in his seat and got all tangled in his tether.
Valmom came around and picked Charlie up from his seat and carried him in the door. She told me to 'Stay'. I can do that so I did.
She came back without Charlie. SHE fooled us! She pretended we were going for a walk/hike/sniff and took Charlie to the Office of Shots!
Then we were back on the road.
She said to me, "Charlie has some bad teeth so he needs to see Dr. Grimm who will take out the bad teeth and clean up his good teeth."
I whined, her words sort of came out 'Charlie Blah, Blah, Blah."
I forgot all about that when we arrived at the hiking place and she put on her vest and hooked me up to the long line.
Oh the smells the sights! A rabbit smell, deer smell, and horse poop!
15 seconds of Hannah on the trail.
We hiked and smelled a long way through the woods. She said we did 5 1/2 miles. The bugs were awful, but She said I did so well with following directions and coming when she called my name.
The rest of the day I waited for Charlie to come home.
She said he had 5 teeth removed.





Poor Charlie! So glad he got those bad teeth out and he has Hannah to sympathize with him. He will feel so much better in a few days. Our dogs HATE the Office of Shots and lose buckets of hair when we take them. It’s embarrassing. RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteThe Office of Shots always cases nervous shedding! Thanks, he will recover and we are looking forward for when he is off light duty.
DeleteWell told, Valmom. Is it really Dr. Grimm, or was that Hannah speaking?
ReplyDeleteNo, she is really named Grimm and her clinic is called Grimm Tails Clinic.
ReplyDeleteShe is awesome.
Awww, Charlie, I feel for you but please tell Hannah I loved her story today and Valmom too. Heal well Charlie!
ReplyDeletePoor Charlie! I know how he feels! I had a tooth removed this week too and am on the mush diet as well. Get better soon, buddy! Thanks to Hannah for her great story telling, lol.
ReplyDelete