Sunday, February 12, 2023

Peregrinate

 to travel or journey

especially on foot...


That is my word of the day. 

In a sense, it also means Wanderlust except the word specifies journeying on foot.

And I love to journey on foot. I love exploring. I like moving and always have. I used to run distances at one time, then I transferred that love to distance bicycling, then distance riding, and then back to 

Peregrinating.

After spending two weeks stuck indoors and dealing with multiple phone calls to prepare for surgery and after a year of terrible vision...

I shut the door and stepped out.


And the world was a wonder.

Charlie and I just wandered about through our creek bottom and admired the ice. The temperatures were warm but the sun rarely shines in this section of the creek so we were able to enjoy the frozen tundra.

Photo of me, now sporting hubby's fishing shades. Sorry, I'm not so great at selfies. 


Ice formation in the creek:



Hiking the creek:



The meadow:


The Girls, hiding out in the woods, staying in the sun and out of the winds:


The Boss:



Today we are going to traipse about at the Reserve in the areas that no longer have trails on the map.

Charlie and I enjoy being rovers and wandering together. 

I will throw one more word out for fun. 

We will maunder about, just idly exploring, collecting our thoughts, and wandering more or less.

The definition of the word is more explicitly about one who talks on aimlessly or moves about aimlessly...

That fits me also.

11 comments:

  1. It's from the same root as pilgrim. In fact pelerin, insert your own accent, means pilgrim in French. Now I have to look up pelerin falcon and see how it fits.
    You sound so happy to be freely out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peregrine falcon, wordpush got all confused there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:04 AM

    Great photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big unusual (new to me) words. They do fit you. Have fun maundering while you peregrinate!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had rather a wonderful wander. Valley of the Caves, a new one on me!

      Delete
  5. That is a word I did not know. I know maunder, but you have added peregrinate to my vocabulary! I am so happy for you, someone as visual and creative as you needs to see the world in living color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad all your surgery is over and was successful!
    Love the Boss pics of Charlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you are feeling well! Thank you for sharing the word "maunder". This my new favorite word. It pretty much describes me most of the time. Just call me Maunder Merry! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Forget Peregrinate . I like the word "traipse" I have not heard or used that word in a long time. Charlie looks adorable in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlie is such a cute boss:) Nice selfie!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.