Tuesday, March 02, 2021

March ~ Hello!

 


Welcome March. The Mud Month. The ugly brown month.
The opposite of November Ugly month.

Already tired of the colors of brown mud and now dirty snow, I decided to brighten up the one part of the house I can change up often. Don't laugh too hard. The above is what I had designed and ordered for a shower curtain and squishy bath mat.

I'd made a photo of a stream years ago into a shower curtain that was really quite expensive to do. I decided afterwards to just purchase ones on line. I have a winter one, a fall one, and my stream one. I wanted something bright and cheery to walk by. 

These are May photos from last year. The rug is from my east garden while the bleeding hearts were blossoming. The wild geranium is on the edge of the summer pasture. I went out on a dewy spring morning with low fog and found this beauty.

My house is so tiny that this is like a huge artistic pallet. You can see this from the porch door. Don't laugh, we DO close the door when using the bathroom. But I do like it. Very cheery. 

I was very surprised at the quality. I ordered it through Walmart and it came in 5 days!

On another note. The first day of March was bone chilling cold. It never got above freezing and I should have worn YakTraks or snowshoes to hike the valley in. Thank goodness I had on my Muck Boots. I walked right in the creek and enjoyed seeing the last of the icicles hanging off from branches just above the creek.

Mr. Charlie was having an easy time of it. He walked right across the crusted snow. I was wishing I was Charlie.


We found the deer that we'd seen a month ago. The birds and other members of the clean up crew had left just bones. Nature has a way of cleaning up after herself.


I made it to the 'campground' as it was once dubbed. The Peterson family used to all camp out in this area along with the mix of cattle that ran the land. They generally all camped during the summer holidays, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day. Kids ran around and swam in the creek. Fireworks were set off and they had great cookouts and parties. 

They've all grown up and no one comes anymore except the 4 wheelers and the UTV's.


There I am on one of the banks watching Charlie.
I called and we headed home carefully. It took me twice as long to get home than normal. Stupid me for not wearing the proper foot gear!

Imagine trying to follow all of my previous boot prints. This week's high temps will melt the rest of the snow. It should be an interesting week to watch the changes in the valley.

As the snow melts, moss, lichen, and bones will show up. I smile in anticipation.





4 comments:

  1. I like your shower curtain, it makes a big difference looking at something pretty instead of mud. We are not at mud stage yet but maybe soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our mud stage is coming along nicely. I think our dry fall is making it a bit easier this spring? I'm not sure. I'll wait and see! Love the Chick Magnet vehicle! Yowwwzah!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea, and way more special than buying a shower curtain/rug that everyone else has. Hey, November is not an ugly month!! The birth stone for that month on the other hand, is ugly. Kinda sad that none of the neighboring family comes out to enjoy all the beauty the land offers anymore. I finally went out for a hike today with the dogs, and my old footprints are icy - so back to blazing a new trail. It was much easier with reduced snow amounts and once I got to the woods the ground was bare in areas :) Great last shot (macro?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you and the dogs got out! I did a hike too and parts were crystal icy snow textures and other parts were ice. So much fun, some bare areas were muddy and others frozen. Go figure!
      Last shot was macro, I hiked with my pocket camera, it has a 4 macro features. One does a fair job of in camera photo stacking.
      I get the blazing a new trail, I should have done that!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.