Sunday, March 07, 2021

Color my dull world and oh dear...

Willow Trail...in IR. Yes, I know, it doesn't look real, but it is fun.



Near old Campsite G...


Pictured is one of the last column of an ancient bridge from when this land had been a community with farms on it. The column on the south side disappeared sometime in the past few floods. This is next to the now closed Equine Crossing. The first time I crossed the river here on a mule we followed a sandbar across. Buck was a pony mule and I get pretty wet. 
It was a wise move to eventually shut this crossing down but I can see people still use it. 

As a side note. Things have really changed in the past 30 years. LaFarge Rescue now holds drills on the river twice a year for rescues. Mostly for canoeists that get themselves in a bad jam. The Kickapoo River may look lazy and shallow but it has its moments. The drills have proven to be useful. Last spring the Rescue Squad had to do a water 'save' of two women who'd gone canoeing in the spring run off and got tangled in downed trees and roots.



Reflections of Spring?





Waiting...


Silence


It is still covered in rotten ice. But I imagine it will melt this weekend, the temps are supposed to get up near 60. 

The real life colors were dull brown, dull green, and a grey-cast ice with a blue sky. 

I like my version of the world. 
I like the appeal of doing something wildly different. 


I like how it can be black and white or wildly colorful. I can make trees yellow, pink, and purple among other things. I can leave the sky an apocalyptic orange/yellow or even and evil red if I wish.

My new camera assistant is doing quite well. He gets impatient and starts to whine if I spend too long in one spot.





I did tell Charlie that I wanted to paint him a nice bright color so he'd show up in photos much better. Too often, he is a tiny black dot moving through my pictures....

Oh well.

That all said.

Let's add insult to injury from Thursday! Can we? Oh yes we can!

I always carry a spare battery while hiking. I've learned that I can run low in colder weather.
I sprayed Oxy-cleaner on my hiking pants and tossed them in the wash. Oh. Someone FORGOT to check the pockets, right?

I washed my spare battery. Extra long wash. 

Yup.

5 comments:

  1. darn batteries are expensive...hope all your frustrating bad luck is behind you now:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost like Cheryl melting a Chocolate bar in her pocket with a hand warmer. Ah, those pocket monsters that we forget about before laundry day. I have many similar stories. Usually a pen or marker.... Just enough to ruin the laundry load.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is hilarious! Yep I can relate to that! I did that once before then forgot which battery was ruined and used it. Totally screwed up the camera.

      Delete
  3. It is your world, color it however you like!! Tank has started to give me his one "come play with me" bark when I linger too long, followed by perky ears a top his cute face and wind blowing wagging. I don't even try lingering when I have all three dogs. Sorry about the battery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to the lingering... or not to linger. When I have Charlie, he sometimes just whines if I stop for a while. If I have Charlie AND the goat, Charlie ignores me and the goat has to try and get in my ear when I kneel and sniff at me. He once ate a flower I was photographing as a macro. Animals are a hoot and so joyful to have.
      As for the battery? Yeah it sucks. I ordered another...ching ching...

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.