Thursday, March 07, 2019

Stuck indoors



The winds were absolutely wicked and the snow is like concrete in places. I shot these turkeys out through the front door in the wide open summer pasture.

I was bored inside. I wanted to go hiking but Rich said he was feeling a bit off, so I stuck myself to inside the house.

I just purchased a Infrared converted digital camera that is a pocket camera. Look forward to some wildly creative shots after I get it!

Meanwhile I got out my Olympus which is on it's last legs and fitted the IR lens filter I had for it.
Now IR is really meant for warm sunny days, not cold winter days.

But I don't believe in rules...so I started to play.

Infrared shot of the sky out the back door...the green on the pines do reflect white..

Edit to black and white from the Infrared filtered shot.
The pine needs are white as well as the bark which reflects the heat.
Cool huh?

And then I decided to play around with Rich's old torn up gloves and a wrench thingy I found in the shed.



I like the white one better and I used a 'paint effect' on it too. PSP's Painter Essentials 6. A pretty easy program. I let the program paint the photo and then saved it. There can be a bit more to it, but I didn't work super hard on it.


Pink Whisperly Dreams.
I shot this with the infrared filter on too. Just experimenting with colors and different stuff.

Lastly the Nisse that was hand made for me with a mini bottle of wild grapvine curls.


The raw winds continued to blow outside on Monday and it just felt bitter. I kept busy indoors. Vacuum, dust, and balancing the books. I think for sure that balancing the books is the worst job ever.

Yesterday was appointments day. PT at the VA and other appointments which led to more appointments.

Well that is the way it goes sometimes right?
We came home to a slew of messages on the answering machine. One was from
the VA Fiduciary Field Examiner, she wanted to set up a meeting.

Well.
Now let me be clear. I am glad that the VA does protect its veterans that are incapable of handling their finances by their system. There is a potential for abuse. But it is a bit intimidating too.
I don't know anyone who has done this, but I am reading up on it.

I've been keeping spreadsheets on our expenses and handling our accounts for quite a while ... so ... well. I'm nervous.
Time to go do some more reading.




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 PM

    Best of luck with the meeting VA meeting. Good shot of those running turkeys, they can really move when they want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those turkeys have been hanging around daily now. Which is good because now my younger mule is very ho hum about it and not freaked out.

      Delete
  2. Yes the VA protects Veterans, sure hope the meeting goes well:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I talked to the VSO officer and told her what I've done and she said the Field Officer would 'love' me. So I think I am prepared. It just feels weird, but I understand the reasoning!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.