Friday, September 07, 2018

Meanwhile in Charlie Land...


Walkie? What is Walkie? Where did she come up with that?
Then she called me Chucky and Charles.
Oh sigh.

I suppose since she thinks I am cute because I am so little she can get away with things like that.


Well dang it. I am cute. Just look at that face!

Or even my butt view.


I am ever so adorable.
And I am learning to use that to my advantage.

I give her those big ol' eyes when I want something. I don't hop around, I don't whine or cry, or bark. I just look.


And she melts.

If she picks up car keys I go stand by the door. I like the car seat thing, I like to go with her. Most of the time I can't. I'm okay with that.

Other days when she puts her boots on I just look up at her and then go stand by the door. When she gets out that cord, I know I've won!

I can even grunt once in a while to get her attention. I did that the other day when she said she was going to the creek.
By the time we got to the water, she took my cord off so it wouldn't get caught on anything while we hiked.

She can jump those huge areas of water. I spend my time going around or finding rocks to use to get through the creek. The ice cold water on my tummy is bothersome but when it is really hot, I don't mind.

We got to one part of the creek that she always likes to stop at. I like it too. When hiking with her or with a group I know that I can take the deer trail up the bank and into the woods.

So SHE started setting her camera thingy up and told me "YOU better stick around Charlie and don't wander!"
What did I really hear?

"Hey Charlie, I'll be busy so why don't you follow all of those neat smells? I'm sure you'd rather do that than stay with me!"

She bent over to do her thing and I crept up the hill. Oh the smells were delicious and I could hear those pesky chipmunks in the distance. Perhaps I could catch a deer, or squirrel, or something else! Maybe there would be deer poo to roll in or even nibble on.

Pretty quick I heard her calling my name and she was not a happy human. In fact she started even using some words I'd never heard of before. She even screeched out my name and used Charles and some other forms and it sounded like she was having some sort of breakdown fit type of thing.
I got worried and left those delicious deer droppings and turned to run down the trail to her.

Phew. She was okay and not frothing at the mouth. She had that angry look on her face though so I just stopped and gave her my big eyes. She reached down and whisked me up and hugged me even though I was wet and muddy.
She put the little cord on me and said something about NOT letting me loose again on this hike.

So much for smelly things in the woods.

She explained to me how she was doing an experiment with multiple shots exposures and then combining them to do something. I had no idea what she was talking about.
I didn't want her to screech again so I decided to pretend I was interested.

See?
I even walked under her tiny tripod stick thingy while she was doing camera stuff. I just laid down right there and stayed.

She seemed a bit uptight about that, but she said she still got some cool shots.




And after she was done, we picked stuff up and headed home.

The way home was rather boring, she kept the line on me and kept a sharp eye out too. I didn't think I could get away with anything.
That is, not until she had to use both hands to open the gate and I shot through to chase a little bird on the ground.
I almost got it too.

I sat in her lap later in the evening while she told the old fella about our adventures. She said something about Morris never chased anything and he should have and how I wanted to chase everything even though I was so little.

Interesting. What does she mean by so little? I think I am just fine like I am thank you very much.

Yeah.
And if she says Walkies again? I'll go. Why not?
It is good to get her out and about for fresh air, she seems happier after I walk her.

Signed~~
Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.