Thursday, October 26, 2017

So, How is Morris?


I am happy to report that Mr. Morris has gained weight on his *new* diet of Kidney Food. He has regained strength and tail wagging strength.

He is bouncy and happy when anyone comes by to visit or we walk to the bus stop to get the kids.


He needs to be kept on a line of some sort while walking. It seems we go so far and he just turns around and heads home if we are near home. At a county park last week he turned and walked back the way we came.

Our 'free' hiking in the woods is no longer a thing we do. I used to take off a bit each day with Morris and check out certain areas. I choose a walk along the road or a well defined trail now so we can still make jaunts.

His mouth has a bad tooth and the vet had said it should be removed, however she didn't think he was healthy enough nor was his blood work good enough. She also explained that it was terribly expensive. The cost would nearly be what I pay in property taxes so I don't think that is going to happen.

I'll take him to the vet to weigh him tomorrow or Monday. But his improvement has been excellent.

It is hard knowing that at some point the other shoe will drop... so to speak. But for now, he is happy and wagging. I'll take it.


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that Morris is doing well! That is an excellent picture of him!! Keep making all of his days good days, if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I think the new food helped a lot. I thought he was getting to be a picky eater and it simply was he couldn't eat the hard food any more. Yesterday he even went for a walk with me without being on a line, but we were not far from home.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.