Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Good Morning.

With all the horrid news that we are seeing today and this past week, I thought I'd offer something a bit more positive.

Farm Life is pretty quiet and peaceful.

Sunday morning I drove to Jersey Valley to watch the sunrise. I really thought I'd messed up because the sky was absolutely brilliant with unimaginable reds as I drove to one of my favorite spots to watch a sunrise.

I kicked myself a few times thinking I should have stayed at home and simply watched it from the ridge.

However.
Somehow, Jersey Valley didn't really disappoint.




While there I heard an strange noise, it sounded as if a truck was rolling down the steep hill dropping gravel.
However it was a flock of black birds that swirled above the lake and landed somewhere on the north side.

~~~
Morris is doing pretty well. He absolutely adores the Kidney Diet food he is getting and seems ravenous. He still has very slow mornings, but is lively and annoying for most of the afternoon and evening. He is eating better and feeling better. He is staying stable at this time.


Most mornings he just mopes around and doesn't do much or seem to have interest in things. However he still likes to go for walks and enjoyed seeing the kids at the bus stop last Friday. He did tire, but I did give him a lift too.

He has become somewhat of a 'lap' dog with a cling-on attitude. I am okay with that also.

~~
Rich is doing better also. Last week we got the okay from the neurologist. Rich can start driving with limitations. He is really good about being a compliant patient.
Yesterday he drove to the river and went fishing. He handed me the keys later and said he was tired. Could I drive?
We still are doing things as a team. Need to run to the hardware store? We go together.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely photos. I am glad to hear that things are going better for all of you, I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing photos! And such good news about Morris and Rich. A real upper.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.