Friday, June 19, 2015

Finally a quiet evening

Things are slowly getting back to some sort of normal.

Last night I took Morris for an evening walk.  We just walked up the drive and out the gravel road towards PeeWees.  I wasn't in the mood to do the narrow trails I have in the woods.  I just wanted and easy walk that I could do in my flip flops and let Morris run and play.

We spooked up a few deer from the little patch of woods between the road and the corn field.  The sky was a washed out blue and contrasted so nicely with the green corn coming up in the field.

Morris was more interested in what had been up and down the road recently by smelling as many things as he possibly could.  
I followed along just strolling and enjoying the songs of the birds along with the quiet crunch of gravel under my flip flops.



Morris found the running, smelling, and 'marking' of so many things he'd missed in the past few weeks quite tiring.

I was tired too, but felt good.  It had been a while since I felt like going for a walk just for the fun of it.
I'm sure Morris feels the same way.

I'm hoping this weekend to take another hike in Wildcat Mountain State Park.
This trail is not hard and so it will be nice to take a camera backpack and some snacks.




2 comments:

  1. I am glad things are getting back to normal for you. I'm sure both you and Morris must be glad to be back together. I hope Rich starts feeling better soon and you can put this behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morris looks so happy! I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.