Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rainy Day Blues


Yesterday the wind howled, the rain and sleet came down.
The day was gray.

..and I wished I were waterproof and freeze-proof.
The trees had ice hanging from their branches and the temperatures dropped quickly turning the world into ice.

I wanted to get out in the woods and walk and look at the spring run off. But I guess that wasn't in the cards.

Besides, I decided to dive into some creativity and see what I could do by following some tutorials about Photoshop online.
Interestingly enough, I learned quite a bit.

I used Apophysis 7X and came up with a 'blues' fractal.
Then I went further and tried to follow an Apophysis tutorial and got side tracked into creating another piece of 'artwork'. Some call it Virtual Artwork.
I'm not sure what to call it except that the colors intrigued me as well as working with the fractal editor.
I used a photo that I'd taken of Morris this summer and decided to give it an other-wordly sort of look.

Many layers later I came up with the creation at the top of this blog post.
I'm not sure that the piece is done yet, but I'm leaving it for the moment.

This morning the sun is shining and I'm headed back out to the Forest and the Creek. I expect to find some interesting ice formations.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Those are amazing. I can normaly look at a Photoshop picture and get an idea of how people do it, but your's are different!! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are generally except the Morris photo, a combination of fractals and photoshop!
    Thanks for looking!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.