Friday, March 25, 2011

Incendia a Freeware Fractal Generator




This is something like you have never seen before, I found this free fractal program while browsing Fractal Groups at Flickr.

I emailed a person who'd made a creation with Incendia and asked how they liked it. They enjoyed it and found it easier than Apophysis 7X.

I do enjoy Apophysis 7X and have spent great quantities of time getting familiar with it. So I thought I'd take a look at Incendia.
The program eats up huge amounts of memory on your computer and I have a fairly fast one [well...I did when it was new 18 months ago!].

Incendia has a fairly good help page and instructions at IncendiaWiki.
But like any program there is a learning curve.

After creating an Apophysis Flame in 7X, and a fractal in Incendia, I took both elements and combined them in Photoshop 7.0.
Apop 7X Flame:
Incendia Fractal:

I mirrored the Incendia 3D fractal and used an Apop 7X flame for the backround.

The result to me, was simply stunning and quite fun.
Give Incendia a try, I only heard about it by mistake.
Don't let this beauty pass you by if you like 3D fractals.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.