Monday, April 26, 2010

The Hawthorne Tree



I wandered around the meadow the other day fairly confident that I would find this identifying the tree business fairly easy.

What a surprise to find that I really didn't know what I was 'seeing'. I assumed that most of the trees were some sort of wild apple tree.
Then I came across this small thorny tree that was budding reddish leaves.

To tell you the truth, I hadn't noticed it before. I only glanced at the trees and in my mind...they were simply

trees.

According to different legends, the Hawthorne Tree is where Faeries meet in the Spring.

It is also known as the May Tree.

How fun.
Perhaps I'll go out when it blossoms and see if I can spot some woodland Faeries.

I had no idea when I started this project how interesting trees could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.