Monday, June 16, 2008

Riding for the soul

I went to visit the 'back valley' today and rode Badger. The back valley is also locally named *Black Bottom. I don't know where that name came from, except that the soil in the 'bottom' is exceptionally black and rich. The back valley has suffered 3 major flash floods from rain runoff. Today I walked Badger through the creek bottom where previously it had been blocked from last years flash flood. This year's flash...cleared trees.

So it goes with mother nature.
We rode for a few hours, stopping to look at things, admiring the wildflowers and even some coral fungus. Everyone should have a way to deeply relax and let there mind clear.
This is what I do...I ride for the inner me. Yeah, sounds dumb, but I used to run long distances for the very same reason.
Now I am a bit older and enjoy the ride as well as the hiking.

There were places I couldn't safely get to with Badger and I can't wait to get the chance to hike back and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.