Friday, July 01, 2005

My dad


My dad
Originally uploaded by Xena~.

So finally I know he is gone. My brother sent me a copy of the obituary and reading it made me feel very sad. I have trouble letting him go you see, because he was a man who was so different than most fathers.
He was aloof as we were kids growing up. After he and my mother were seperated I began to learn who 'my father' really was. He was an interesting fellow, someone I actually had a fun time with as an adult. I don't think he was ever really comfortable with children.
He was an avid photographer, and a wonderful story teller.
I'm not always sure where the truth sort of ended and the embellishing began in his stories about his life, but heck...embellishment always made it so much more funny and interesting.

I'm really looking for some private time to grieve him...but right now it seems that everyone else in my life 'needs' me.

I ditched my digital cameras today and pulled out my ancient Pentax. I heard Dad's voice as I lifted the heavy old camera and focused...his instructions on how to gauge what the exposure should be set at...what aperature to use...should I use the zoom lens...????

Honor thy father, take some awesome pictures.

1 comment:

  1. You still have to remember to tak ethe time for yourself in all the hectic-ness (is that a word?) that is your life right now. I don't want to see you have a melt down. I know it's hard, but you also have to HONOR YOURSELF. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.