Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Hair Rant

 Ahhh there it is, a rant about hair. I really only think my hair is there for covering the top of my head when I am not wearing a baseball cap.

I stink at styling it. I rarely blow dry it or use products. It has thinned out from age and loss of my female hormones [geeze, too much info right?]. Not only that, it has lost its wonderful black luster and has become brownish, faded, and silvery. The silver is fine. When I add some bold color, it is fun.

But face it. My longer hair looks worn out and tired. I used to wear it short all of the time. Really short. Pixie short.

During the pandemic, I let it go and then I've had it trimmed every once in a while and added some fun colors. Now I look at the straggles in the mirror and stick it in a pony tail that looks pathetic [to me].

I made and appointment to get it chopped into something else. I'm tired of the same ol' same ol'. Hubby knows this about me. I'll take long hair and cut it all off when the mood strikes.

I've always been that way. One time I had long dark locks of hair and I had it all cut off. My ex husband came home from work and I asked him if he noticed anything. He replied, "You moved the couch." He was a smart man, he never told me how to do my hair.

I told Rich I was going for a hair cut and showed him something I was thinking about. Not super short, but a lot of it much shorter.

He instantly got upset. You know, crossed arms, and grumpy eyes.

When I asked what was wrong he said, "I like your hair this way. But you don't listen to me ever. I like it long."

I answered, "I'm bored with it long. I need a change."

He then glowered at me and said, "Whatever, you always do what YOU want and never listen to me."

True enough. I put my hand on his shoulder and said, "Look, I have to wear my hair, you don't. You don't have to put it up or deal with the straggles."

Like a two year old, he sunk into the his chair and crossed his arms. His eyes got dark and slittel.

"Fine. Do what you want. Whatever. You will anyway."

I laughed, "You know I will. It IS my hair. I think I should shave it on one side and leave a flop top."

The look I received could have burned a house down.


I could always go crazy.. you know...



Well, I guess we shall see!


Tempting but a bit too wild!!!!


After all, it is my choice.


10 comments:

  1. It certainly is! I lost most of my hair last year, I don't know why. I shaved my head, not to the scalp, but close. It has grown but I think I'll do it again, it's still very thin. I like the first one. Maybe a streak of vibrant color on one side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do the color for sure! It will brighten your life! I have had my hair shaved close a few times many years ago with a flop top. Very fun and comfy.

      Delete
  2. I want no fuss hair. I wear mine in a bun, not a cute messy bun an old lady one. I may lose lots of hair from this new medication so then I will shave it all off, my daughter said she would get me a wig:) Best of luck with your locks of hair do what you want!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That would be a huge change for you. However, short rules so if you shave it, you may enjoy it for a bit!
      A wig may be nice. I'd go with the Dolly Parton look! Just kidding!

      Delete
  3. Waiting with baited breath for the result.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had about 12' straggly inches chopped off. My husband was apprehensive and then was shocked it looked better. I wanted no fuss. and it is about 90% no fuss. I can do 10% in an emergency social occasion. Except Tuesday when Ohio had an election to take away voting rights and I got up at 5 and had to be at my post as a poll worker at 5:30. Everyone got treated to the no fuss bedhead hairdo. Time for a shower would have worked wonders, LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think no fuss is the bomb! I put up with a pony tail no fuss for a couple of years and just needed the straggles taken away. I personally like long hair and wish I had beautiful shining locks of it...
      However, I don't.
      LOL on Bedhead! That is why I love hats!

      Delete
  5. My wife can use a hair color and her type of hair takes the color so naturally. She feels guilty that she is covering the gray but I have to keep here on it as it does look good on her. I tell her that her aunts would have used hair color if it looked good but theirs did not. My on aunt had blue hair most of her last years as diabetic hair didn't color correctly back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recall seeing that 'blue' hair and how we used to chuckle at those folks dealing with aging hair. I don't chuckle any more, I am one of those folks!
      Good for your wife being able to use a color that makes it look natural!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.