Monday, April 12, 2021

Toys and toys


I took this shot of this tiny tiny rabbit [it is for Fairy Gardens and Terrariums] while out counting broken fence insulators. I was going to toss it, but the light was neat and it was next to a tree with mossy roots. I let it simmer for a bit on my hard drive...and then this morning I 'felt' it.

I'll admit it. I like hiking with toys in my pocket. Did you know that Toy Photography is a Thing?

I would love to be like Mitchel Wu, but he uses a studio. He is creative and his toys are always doing something fantastic. I could look at his stuff forever. I want to run out and purchase Lego People. But, I don't ... yet. They are pricey!

I like to take my items out hiking with me. Or fixing fence. Or riding. Or keep something in my pocket at all times. Of course Spidey is taking on a yard thistle.


I'm sometimes like a child and take delight in finding 'things' for my toys to do. My favorite toys are the mini soldiers. I carry them in my back pack all of the time.


Years ago, my neighbor chopped off a Barbie Doll's hair and made her a set of coveralls and a skunk hat. I started finding ways to pose and photograph the doll for entertainment.
I had such a blast.
[Note to self, get out Val Barbie again!]



A childhood friend sent me her tiny wooden animals to join my menagerie of toys.
The squirrel is my favorite.


A friend I've made on Flickr sent me a huge box of Superheroes! Yes, that is where the Spiderman came from. 

And of course there are the dragons and dinosaurs.



And...
some of my other favorites?

Teddy Bears. 
Lil' Bear who is the CrossFit Mascot. Our coach would set him up after workouts and I'd do a little blurb for our CF site. Now Lil' Bear is just waiting to get back to the gym after a year!

He does look a bit lonely doesn't he?


And then there are the Teddy Bears that I picked up for a quarter at a Thrift Shop. 

I had a notion and tossed the bears into a canvas sack.



You know these Teddy's if left unchecked can do some interesting things.
I think they were brewing a spell!




7 comments:

  1. You are having fun that is what is important...and I enjoy all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my son believes I am just a bit strange. I imagine he is looking for a looney bin that will keep me in a few years...
      :)

      Delete
  2. You are so creative and talented! I love the bunny shot. I checked the Mitchel Wu link out, never heard of him. He is talented. I scrolled down the home page, loved Scooby Do & the last horse reflection photo. You shine with your own toy woodland style!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that Bunny shot after you posted the tree trunk with the moss. I actually went out looking for something similar however the bunny would have been in dark shade and it wouldn't have had that dreamy feeling to it. So it was your fault of course. :)

      Delete
    2. Ha ha, love the shot even more now! Every bunny needs to dream!!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:14 AM

    I need to make time for some playful fun, it looks well, FUN. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Today I am going to construct some vases out of tin cans. Bizarre but it could be fun!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.