Saturday, December 12, 2020

Decorate...tions....

 So it was hard but I finally got in the mood to do some decorating.


So this is standing at my spot at our eating table looking through the house and open staircase. The two little bedrooms upstairs are now guest/storage rooms. We have a tiny bedroom downstairs now which really makes things quite nice.


I had to add my tiny bear family to the box. That box is actually an old drawer from a pedal sewing machine. After all, my bears enjoy being out and about!


And here are my stuffed toys. The large ones! The jointed horse and the red and green bear are toys I made nearly 30 years ago. The brown rabbit and yellow bear came from Farmer Danika's shop and the white bear came from a Thrift Store. That bear survived this summer's floods and deserves a spot inside! I thought they would look neat sitting on the stairs.

There is something about hand made things. I love them! Below is a carving from Far Side of Fifty! It gets a prominent position on the Christmas Chair.


One of my MIL's necklaces... it just looks right on the tree/chair.



A glass blown horse ornament. Gosh I can't even recall who gave me this. I just know it was a gift and I've managed to keep it safe for many years.


The Stag. I got this cheap ornament a few years ago. I just thought it would fit nicely with my horse ornaments. Besides, it is pretty to photograph.


Uh oh...looks like this one escaped!




Ahhhh, one of my first horse ornaments. Plastic and cheap but still very near and dear to my heart. To think it has survived so many years with me. A bit beat up but still a Carousel Horse!


I'll do some fun photos of my nesting box soon enough. More toys of course. I really love my toys. 
Um. 
Should someone my age really be saying that?

I wonder how I could fit in the dragons and dinosaurs to a Christmas theme too....



4 comments:

  1. I really like the way you use toys to decorate for Christmas. Dolls are for all ages, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Dolls and toys are for everyone. I think playing keeps the mind young. Well, I hope so!
      Thank you for stopping in!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I am not nearly as far along with decorating as you! All your horse ornaments are so pretty! I am happy to be included in your fav ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I keep changing things around that is the fun of it. Like you and Jinx!

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.