Friday, May 27, 2016

Another whirlwind week

Well I did find out thanks to my neighbor what the mysterious plant was growing by our mailbox.
Lupine!
I think it should actually be in a sunnier spot, but I'm going to leave it where it is right now and see what happens with it.
We added some Veronica which likes more shade and should come up each year with purple blue spikes of flowers.

Some of the seeds are coming up now just barely a week later.  So we have high hopes for a semi decent mailbox garden!

The other night I made supper early and took Siera out for a 'sunset' ride.  She went willingly and we rode out to the black top and back.

Her mane is such a mess, it does need a trim pretty badly.  I hope to get to that perhaps tomorrow.  We'll see.

I rearranged the living room and packed up the old table we had for our computers.  I used some plastic tubs [see through kind!] and stacked them up and laid left over plywood pieces on top as a desk top.

When it comes time to move the 'desk' for remodeling, it will be easy to take apart.

Morris rather likes the ability to stand on the back of the couch and look out the window.

He actually doesn't do it unless there is someone out there that he can hear.  He just curls up on his end of the couch with his blanket and takes a nap.

He is handling the noises outside the house fairly well.  We'll see how it goes when the guys move to start the interior.



This is a shot of the living room and the stairway.  You can see the wall paper in the short hall has been peeled and the hole in the wall where we took out the small electric heater.

The doorway is to the bathroom and you can see into the eating area.

Our house is very small, but we do like it.  The extra room will be a blessing along with the storage.

I don't know why I didn't change the layout years ago. This makes more sense to me.

This morning I noticed the sky turned a very odd color while I was making coffee so I grabbed my camera and ran outside.

There was a rainbow!
At the break of dawn!
And then I noticed how fast the front was moving so I hit movie mode on my camera.

The rains came but no harsh winds.  I am happy about that.  We did need the rain, but it has turned our area around the house into a sink hole of muck.

Last but not least I'm getting closer to getting the scrap wood table top done!
Next step is gluing and refitting the pieces together.

I keep re-arranging the pieces.  I may even get it right so I won't have to saw any edges!
This will more than likely be an outside table for the porch.  I have also been sanding and painting some blocks for the 'toy' box.  
I bought a wooden crate to store them in.  Now I am torn between using the crate for something else.

Well if this morning's rain keeps away the construction workers, it looks like we'll have a quiet day.  

If it dries up there are things to do like lawn mowing, gardening, hiking, and cleaning up the construction site.

The guys have done an excellent job, but I am a bit more of a stickler.

I leave with a photo taken when I headed to town for errands yesterday. Ridgetop cropland as seen from Riley Road.

3 comments:

  1. Those sky photos are breath taking! Love what you are doing with those blocks of wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lori, I've always loved clouds and skies! The 'table' is being glued together! I may use it for still life and as an outdoor table. Not sure yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear everything is progressing well. I love your table top, it will be lovely when you are done.

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.