Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Princess and I

She is a Donkey, her name is Princess. Up until last nite she was just 'halter' broke. After she lost her twins a month ago, I told my husband that I was going to start her to ride. Well last nite was our first lesson. It went so well that I am so encouraged. Princess is my first Donkey that I've started.
Last nite I taught her to pick up her feet for me. She used to swat at everything when it got near her rear feet. In other words she was a kicker and has been a real challenge to trim. I had been after my husband for 18 months to let me work with her. I should have started earlier! Princess learned to trust me [I think we'd established some of that during that past 18 months] enough to walk onto a 'donkey eating' tarp...to walk through a pile of scattered wood, to let me toss blankets, plastic bags, and a bag with aluminum cans on top of her.
We've gone through basic training on halter and lead rope. Next we will see how she likes a saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.