Friday, September 04, 2026

Deconstruction Day

We started out with a foggy and rainy morning that promises to be wet, rainy, and humid. The mules were out in the south pasture fog just doing there thing until....



Patrick showed up.
 


2 hours later:


One of the huge surprises was that the concrete floor of the garage is not chipped, broken, or heaved.

In fact the trees that grew in there grew from dirt and leaves that had accumulated in piles. So I could have a nice parking spot, I could make it a patio, I could put up a gazebo, or even one of those premade little sheds. 

I always wanted to put up a tiny shed with windows in it for my own private studio. What a great dream that would be. 
Probably too...$$$.

A craft area. But heat and cooling would be an issues. Just tossing ideas out there. 
Maybe even a little outdoor fireplace.

Anything is better than looking at the garbage filled old smashed up garage. 

My husband fought me for 13 years on tearing this building down. But now, I'm happy to say I took the dive to pay for a demo and cleanup. 

I'm sorry Rich, but I had to do it for my own sanity. Almost most everything in there was totally destroyed by years of neglect. Now? Let's rejoice for having some more beauty put back in our land.

10:43 He is cleaning up what he can fit into his truck. 


This will open things up and not make the house feel crowded by an old crushed garage. Filling his truck and taking the trips took more time than the demolition did.
But he got the job done as he said he would. He will return after the dumpster is picked up and do the rest of the work in that area.

The video 6 seconds of an 8 hour job.



He estimated one dumpster would do the trick. The garage had more unusable 'stuff' in it than he thought. He filled the dumpster and had to fill his truck 3 times and take it to the landfill. [Extra costs, I'm sure]

He picked up the metal pieces and delivered them to the Scrapper that had been out here earlier this year.

What next?

Landscaping and seeding along with cleaning up the piles of dirt.

I'll have a nice concrete pad.

I don't know what I'll do next....



I could.....do something like this....


Probably not practical, but it would be cute. Annoying visitors could sleep there too. 

Possibilities. But for now, we continue the clean up.


PS. Blogger is not publishing comments for me at this point in time. 😔

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.