Monday, April 27, 2020

The Garden Dog

The whole idea was to extend my garden a bit and make it easier to mow.

Or..
just plant more flowers so I'd have more to look at!

Ignore the broken down garage...it is
a project to be taken care of..
one day....

So I started putting the mulch down on the 'walkway' and re-arranging other parts of the garden.

I gathered up my collection of odd rocks and put them all in one spot, so I can admire them.


Really, aren't they odd and strange rocks? I want to say they are concretions, but I have never had any one tell me exactly what they are.

Odd and strange fossils are abundant in our area.


Apparently Charlie believes I put the dirt out just for him to sunbathe in. Won't he be surprised when I put seeds in there?


It seems as if the Unicorns have started to move in.....
I hope they like the big barn I built for them out of a coffee can.



Oh and the Rat Skeleton! Well, I was building this 'garden' on the idea that it would be fun for kids or adults to walk through the flowers and find odd and interesting things.
I intend on continuously changing it of course.


The Squirrels? Well, the Rabbits will come soon and hide out between flowers and stumps I imagine.



Okay...this was a Christmas Card holder...but...
I'm putting it in the garden...
the head bobbles...
It was one of the strangest gifts I've ever had. I've had a mind to toss it, but oddly enough I can't just toss it. I find myself putting it away for a while, then bringing it out again.
People can't help themselves by touching the head and watching it nod wisely.

Maybe this reindeer thing is wiser than the rest of us.


But maybe I just got a Garden Dog instead...

~~ that look...
Charlie has the right idea. Just lay out in the sun light and don't worry about a thing.
I wish I were Charlie!




2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I think we all need to be like Charlie these days. :). I like your pool of rocks, they are very interesting looking. I couldn't bring all my rocks when I moved, but I did bring some. :). Drove by the house and was happy to see all the bushes we put in last summer made it through the winter and even happier to come back to my new home. You know though I'll sometimes miss playing with gardens like you are doing. So much fun, especially with Charlie keeping you company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am envious of Charlie...but I know a black dogs just soaks up the sun....soon he will be looking for shade!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.