Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Time Off

Well I'm not really going to complain about my work schedule.  I am a part time employee that just happens to be filling in a lot.  My days off seem to be pretty rare and the schedule for me is a bit brutal.  Too much swapping from day work to overnight work for my tastes.

Anyway, yesterday I woke up at 5am and literally bounced out of bed.  It was my day off for the week and I wasn't going to waste a moment of it.

I made some coffee and looked out the window to see the sky.  It was overcast and glum looking.  I waited for my coffee to brew and then on a whim grabbed my camera bag and headed for the ridgetop.




At first it didn't look like it was going to be very interesting, but I thought I'd have my coffee and enjoy the solitude and the sky anyway.

As the sun began to rise, it did get more beautiful.



The colors became brilliant and the fog started to creep across the low lying areas.





After I got home from the short lived but rather stunning sunrise, a light rain moved in.

We really need rain badly, the pastures are beginning to show stress along with the corn.  

We experienced a few brief showers and during one of them I went to the garden and picked some summer squash and zucchini along with some green beans.

For some reason the garden that my neighbors planted is doing wonderfully.  The squash has taken over and it looks like a bumper crop!

Squash soup, squash pie, squash, squash....!

And then I took a shot of the climbing beans that were planted.  They are literally climbing anything they can wrap around.  The blossoms are pretty but what I found while zooming in was more interesting.

Some sort of spider.


After I took this, I heard thunder close by and headed back indoors.

I took my garden goodies and made up a batch of cooked zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, green beans, onions, a bit of dill, and carrots.  It was sort of a sauteed veggie delight.  
Very delicious too.

Today we go to Madison for hubby's two month check up.  Then tomorrow it is back at the strange and convoluted hours that I have been working.

I have been assured that my hours will decrease by the end of the month.  I am looking forward to that.

I want to have some time this fall to ride Siera, hike, and enjoy a bit of the fall.

Morris says he'd like it if I had some more time to spend at home also.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos and I'm glad you got tot get out for a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous collection of photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.