Friday, October 02, 2026

More Wet!

 and....

Sunshine is home! 

We got her home just before the rains started. 

Oh and after greetings with her sister, Sunshine settled in as the boss of the tiny herd. I guess the others have been missing her leadership. 

They follow her where ever she goes.


Since it was pouring outside, I thought I'd try something different. I collected some leaves aa few pumpkins and set them on an old mirror I had.

I thought I'd try a reflection-Fall Decoration shot-with reflections.


Not all of the shots turned out, but I did get two that I kept. This was pretty fun to do and I think I could do better but just need to figure that out.



I thought I'd try a Garden Gargoyle with a pumpkin and a red leaf. So I tried two versions.



I made my own 'black box' to try this out also. A light underneath the characters and carboard to keep out the light. Some fallen flower petals from a flower...and...



👇😊



The rain let up and it was a light mist by noon. So I packed up a backpack. I'd been stuck inside for too many days. 

The dogs were not letting me out the door without them, they'd been stuck inside too. So off we went in a drizzle for an adventure.

And we had a good one.

Just as we got to this bluff the rain started coming down hard so I slipped on the poncho which covered my backpack and me all the way to my knees.

We waited out the heavy rain and then ventured out on the bluff.



The view


Here is a shot of the mist coming up out of the woods after the rain. This happens often in our steep valleys and hillsides because of the temperature difference inside the woods vs the air above.


My pals.



We got wet but surprisingly enough we didn't get muddy. We got to see the fall colors in their best light. In my opinion the best light is early morning, late afternoon, or an overcast day. But that is just me.

We got home and dried off. The drizzle kept on off an on. We ended up with about another inch of rain overall. 



This is the new header which replaces the summer view from the bluff.




Today, for the first time in what feels like forever, we have a clear and sunny sky and temps barely in the 40's.

20 comments:

  1. Those reflection shots are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics, outside and inside. Don't let a sunbeam pierce into your house at the mirrors! Could be catching those leaves on fire! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL the leaves were damp from dew. All crunchy now and out in the yard!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous9:18 AM

    Beautiful views! Fall is my favorite season. We have survived a very hot summer and finally got much needed rain overnight. Wish we had your cool temperatures! RHill, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am beginning to say that the change of each season is my favorite season. So glad you got some much needed rain!

      Delete
  4. Reading this makes me want to get out and wander a bit. But I have things in the oven and the exterminators are due to come by. So I am stuck in the apartment. I'm very glad you got to get outside for a bit. The reflection shots are so cool. I love the gargoyle ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have days like that too where I can't get out and wander. Yesterday I just had to get out and let the dogs stretch their legs.

      Delete
  5. Welcome home Sunshine!!!!
    I love the experimental indoor photos. Each one is so unique. Your walk sounds like fun. I don't mind the rain - except when it is a downpour. You were well prepared. I am sure your hiking buddies had a great time too! It's a high of 61 here today and my husband and I did our walking outside in the neighborhood for the first time in months. It was perfect weather. I like a little chill and damp (the rain stopped before we went out).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to have her home again. She is the bomb of course. I walk out of the house and she talks to me or walks up to a gate to see if I am going to come and pet her.
      Yep.
      OHHHH Congrats on walking the 'hood. I agree the 60's are perfect weather!

      Delete
  6. It will be nice having Sunshine home & see her every day. I like your Fall reflection shots & mirror idea.

    I enjoy walking in the rain. Everything looks and smells different. With all the moisture, our woods are currently covered in mushrooms. Glad you got out to KVR! I bet you had the colorful place to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KVR was covered with itty bitty fungi. Say that fast! Sunshine evidently misses the 3 mares she was with. They were all light colored and therefore it was instant mule love.
      She impressed my gal friend being the one that always walked up to Kristi and stood with her when she was trying to catch one of her other horses.
      Take me! Take me! LOL!

      The woods smell fantastic. We spent a long time at the bluff.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous3:16 PM

    LD....Your leaves are turning faster than outs. Today was not rain here. The sun has shown all day but the cold air from the north continues. Your dogs are the greatest. I like the creative shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, LD, we are further north! However, your state has some lovely forests that are always so beautiful to see in the fall!

      Delete
  8. It also brightened up here after a day and a half of rain, but we didn’t go tromping. We did a little garden cleanup out back. The biggest task was to cut down the massive Joe Pye, so that it can start again next spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we sort of had the same weather except maybe the day and a half felt like a month and a half to me.
      Joe Pye! That's one plant I don't have!

      Delete
  9. Temp in the 40's sounds heavenly right now (it's 102 as I type this, and extreme heat is predicted for the next 8-10 days). Yuck! Love your still lifes with reflections. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Nope I wouldn't want those temps. Thanks, I'm always open to trying new things, photography gives us a chance to learn new things all of the time.

      Delete
  10. I am impressed with the artistry of the mirror shots! They do look wonderful! I wish I felt more creative.... I seem to have lost my creative muscle a couple of years ago, and I am not sure how to get it back.

    PipeTobacco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father was a very imaginative and creative person sometimes it irked my mom quite a bit.
      Photography and play go well together. I can always learn something new with photography.
      However my father told me never to quit using my imagination and never quit playing.

      To me these are outlets that keep me relaxed.

      Delete

Please include at least your first name if you are commenting Anonymously. Thank you.