No no no!
You guys stop!
Kids! Gosh! Stop it!
The magical medicine to clean Hannah's seroma has kept her from bothering it. Perhaps it stopped the itching?
I don't know, but between the PJ's she wore and the medical wipes I've used, she has made a huge turn around on her seroma.
I took the 'kids' for an early morning walk and the two of them couldn't help themselves. The 40 degree temps wound them up.
I hadn't gone down our little dead end road in a long time mainly because of heat, smoke, and Hannah being on 'light duty'.
For most of the walk the dogs were quiet and just walked along smelling all the great smells.
We found some cool insects that seemed to be resting, waiting for the sun to warm them up.
I've seen these guys before and they are pretty cool looking.
End Band Net-Winged Beetle
[Calopteron terminale]
The grasses held another insect waiting for the warmth of the sun to get him going.
Carolina Grasshopper
[Dissosteira carolina]
[Dissosteira carolina]
Then I found some wildflowers on the side of the gravel road.
Is this a Brown Eyed Susan or a Black Eyed Susan?
I think it is a wild Black Eyed Susan growing up through Fleabane.
I think it is a wild Black Eyed Susan growing up through Fleabane.
The next wildflower isn't very popular but I think it has a cool name. I enjoyed trying to get a cool shot of it.
Bladder Campion
[Silene vulgaris]
[Silene vulgaris]
These guys are all over the place and I like to refer to them as miniature daisies.
Fleabane
[Erigeron annus]
Chicory
aka known as Coffeeweed, blue sailors,
Italian dandelion
Italian dandelion
[Cichorium intybus]
And last?
One of my summertime favorites.
Queen Anne's Lace
also known as Wild Carrot
--yes, I have eaten them when they are young and tender--
But the roots are very hard to clean.
[Daucus carota]
--yes, I have eaten them when they are young and tender--
But the roots are very hard to clean.
[Daucus carota]
Not a flower...but Spider Webs!
With the cooler weather, I'm heading out with the pups for a hike at the Reserve. We haven't been back there since the beginning of June.
Enjoy your day.











Glad Hannah is getting so much better! I never knew that Queen Anne's Lace is also known as Wild Carrot.
ReplyDeleteYou do have adventures, you and the kids!
ReplyDelete