Winter is coming.
The Brothers Odd are getting prepared.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We walked east along the shoreline towards the trees and something began to change. There were Rock outcroppings to walk on instead of sand.
I decided this was a brilliant spot to break out my Infrared once more and use the Chrome Filter.
I commented to Em that I'd love to have the shot below in large print on my wall.
We spent a lot of time here just sitting and watching the waves. The sounds of the water were so calming to me.
I did look up and my son was out playing in the water. It looked as if he was literally walking on water which I mentioned when he came back.
If allowed, I would have found a dry spot and just fallen asleep.
To which he quipped, "Oh of course! You doubted me?"
We all laughed.
We all slapped as much sand as we could off our feet and Jer announced that this ended our first Tour Day.
Just before we headed back to the car, I looked behind me at the pines. They were covered in some of the most intriguing Lichen I'd ever seen.
They were so beautiful and intricate.
Yeah, the kids thought I was a little funny getting excited over something like this.
But there I was, touching it and admiring it with a beautiful lake and red rocks behind me.
Well, that is me. I like the odd things. I'd go back just to take more photos of the Lichen.
And this Lichen had a common name:
How cool is that?
We had to go to Houghton and grab something to eat and head to the Hotel 3 hours away and get some rest before the next big day.
I'd planned on finding a spot at night along the lake shore and filming the Milky Way.
Guess who was too exhausted to think about getting up and going hiking in the middle of the night???
Yup. We all slept until just before dawn.
And we had quite the adventure come Sunday morning.
Yeah. I'm gonna leave you hanging.









Michigan is right across the border from us, but since Trump’s hostility to Canada I don’t know of anyone who goes any more.
ReplyDeleteI agree, but we did see a couple of vehicles from Ontario there.
DeleteMy photo friend's main interest is abstracts from looking at the ground. I think he would love those rocks. Maybe the hanging lichen too.
ReplyDeleteI could have wandered those rocks and done so many of those abstracts! I wished we had stayed there for sunset too. Alas, I was just the tourist with a guide that wanted to do everything!
DeleteI would print that photo and frame it, Val. You got some spectacular shots, the sky is amazing. Now you know, your son does walk on water!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to try it and see how it prints out. I will probably finally print out some photos and hang them that I have a special love for.
Delete