Sunshine still likes to ride on trails.
According to an internet search 28 years old is like being 83-87 years old in human years. I hope to be in as good of shape as she is when I get to 87!
Right now she is showing off her glossy red summer coat and in a few weeks, she'll be starting to grow her winter coat.
The next shot is of Sunshine's new pasture mate, Willow. Willow is half Halflinger.
Willow is beautiful! She is also the same height as Sunshine. If I were to have a horse, it would be Willow.
Sunshine gets along with her just fine. When Cash sees Sunshine though, he does whinny and carry on. Equine are so funny with their attachments.
Sunshine is getting a pedicure from my farrier this weekend. Kristi is going to have Danny [my farrier who learned from his dad Dan] trim her horses and probably shoe Willow on her fronts.
I decided after a busy week of doing 'stuff' and exploring, that we'd have a quiet day. How much quieter can it get than an afternoon in the forest with a good book? Nothing but birdsong and the whisper of a breeze to keep us company.
Oh. And both dogs did get up in the hammock with me while I read. I think I feel asleep in the gentlest of ways and took a short and deep nap.
We went back after supper and hung out watching for wildlife and enjoying more quiet
Apparently, they both believe they can fit in my lap at the same time.
I do live in a quiet area and do have a nice porch to sit on.
But in the forest, there are no walls and almost no cell service which eliminates the clutter of the modern world.
Happy Friday.






I envy your quiet forest area. Looks so peaceful. RHill, TX
ReplyDeleteIt was what I needed after a very busy few days.
DeleteIn the forest with a good book? Nothing but birdsong and the whisper of a breeze to keep us company, no cell phone service eliminating clutter of the modern world? I am totally envious :) And don’t get me started on Sunshine and Willow, lol! I always enjoy reading about your happenings Val, thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.
ReplyDeleteWhen we were kids, my sister and I would take big blankets and lay on the low pine boughs of my grandparents' pines and read books in the summer and fall asleep listening to the sighs of the breeze through the pine trees.
DeleteThis is as close as I can get to that. No distractions but peace.